Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter Everyone!! This is my lovely easter cow :) Mandy Moo...I still have her left which if you knew me & Chocolate I'm sure you would be very surprised. This weekend has been a very relaxing one..Although now that I'm 6 months pregnant I'm finding it very difficult to sleep so last night in the wee hours of no sleep land..I started a quilt with loads of scrap fabric I had so much fun cutting & putting the colour's together I don't have a pattern so I'm not sure how it will turn out..I seen this book on amazon Create your own free form quilts http://www.amazon.com/Create-Your-Own-Free-Form-Quilts/dp/1607052504/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1  so I'm copying the technique from the front cover as It seems nice & quick, and I'm not a quilter & I really didn't want to measure my strips so I think Free Form quilts are best for me...so at the moment I'm just sewing my strips together & will see how i go? I Will keep you updated on the process..I'm really loving all the colour's I wanted something nice & bright.
I'm loving Picasa for editing & having great fun creating new & funky pics. http://picasa.google.com/
Isabella's first easter...& what delight she had eating just a little bit of this easter egg.
Ok so here it is...the start of my scrap free form quilt. :)
Just had to throw this one in as a daily dose of cuteness.
My Favourite afternoon snack vegemite on toast with a strong cup of tea.
On Monday we attended an Early Years Centre which is a free playgroup held every week. It was very busy & full of kids & nannies & mums. There were so many activities, a craft table, playdoh table, toys,blocks, reading & other fantastic activities for babies to enjoy as this our first time in this location it took a little while to settle in. The echo's of children playing & laughter in the large room created a lot of background noise for Isabella to process with the hearing aids,but after a little while she settled in just fine & this was her first ever drawing for daddy  & after about 3 seconds of putting the texta/marker on paper it was straight into the mouth & a dark blue lips & tongue followed by a huge tantrum..when mummy took it off her!
some new additions for mollie maple..http://www.etsy.com/shop/MollieMaple








1 comment:

Carol said...

oooohhhh, I do love the book on Amazon! I think the quilt you are making will look amazing. You will love all the fabric I have here at home, some of it Val and I hand dyed it years ago. Looks like Isabella had a lot of fun and loved her easter egg. Lots of love - Nanny Carol xxxx